Title: Sr. Premier Support Engineer
Location: London, UK
Opening Date: 06/06/18
Closing Date: 04/07/18
Sr. Premier Support Engineer
As a Sr. Premier Support Engineer, you will provide support to a premier Hortonworks customer within Financial Services. You will be responsible for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing Hadoop related issues. You will troubleshoot the Hortonworks Data Platform in multiple types of environments and take ownership of problem isolation and resolution, and bug reporting. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, be committed to ongoing self-education, possess strong customer service skills and have excellent technical problem solving skills.
• Holistic coordination between the customer and other Hortonworks organizations across the full HDP deployment lifecycle.
• Trusted point of contact for technical customer feedback to product management, engineering and sales.
• Regular briefings on Hortonworks Data Platform releases and roadmap.
• Active coordination across third party support relationships on behalf of the customer.
• Coordinate triage and prioritization of customer questions and enterprise support tickets.
• Quarterly business reviews of support activity and recommendations
• Fast-track escalations, identify trends, and develop action plans to mitigate/avoid issues.
• Root cause analysis reports on any Severity 1 incidents including recommendations to improve proactive management of Hadoop deployments
• On-site support during critical phases of Hadoop deployments, such as initial production rollout, to troubleshoot issues and minimize downtime (up to 10 on-site days per year)
• Remote planning assistance for critical milestones including upgrade planning and for making the best use of new product capabilities.
• Maintain customer dashboard with relevant product and support metrics
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Open Source experience is a key requirement
• Technical support experience
• Enterprise account management experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects and processes
• Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams
• Professional oral, presentation, and written communication skills
• Experience with supporting Java applications running on Linux or Windows
• Ability to quickly learn and pick up new technical concepts
• Strong knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.) and ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues in a Linux or Windows environment
• Experience with database or in a big data platform/company a plus
• Hadoop knowledge and skills a big plus
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.« Back to current openings
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.