We are looking for a highly motivated individual to create and manage the content within our Customer Support Knowledge Base. In this role, you will be required to use your writing and editing skills to ensure that the knowledge base articles published are of highest quality.
As an integral part of the Customer Support team, you will be expected to:
- Review/edit Knowledge Base articles for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Hortonworks commitment to quality
- Gather information from technical specialists and SMEs and write FAQs, technical tips and white papers on common problems reported by customers
- Ensure content adheres to the quality standards of Hortonworks Customer Community
- Review daily, weekly and monthly reports and provide input and recommendations into analysis, quality and improvement of articles and procedures
- Assist in streamlining article approval flow and escalate bottlenecks in the flow to the manager
- Support the implementation and peer review of articles and knowledge change management process
- Receive reports to analyze gaps, identify trends and enhance and refine knowledge and articles
- Review and provide incident feedback to assist in education of agents on knowledge base
- Participate in short-term projects and deployment activities
- 2-3 years of experience in the field of Knowledge management or technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/English/Journalism
- Excellent writing, documentation and presentation skills
- Awareness of Knowledge Base concepts or KCS methodology is a plus
- Certification in Technical Writing or Instructional Design will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of HTML and Web concepts is a plus
- Great attitude, energy and enthusiasm are critical
- Excellent editing, writing and communications skills. (Experience with composing multimedia training documentation; technical writing; and online forum moderation a plus.)
- Ability to learn and employ new technologies quickly
- Ability to parse technical and procedural information into easy-to-understand answers that help customers and agents solve problems
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.