G&A - Facilities
Receptionist / Office Manager – Hortonworks, London
Scope and purpose
- To present a confident and competent customer focused service to all staff and visitors to site.
- To perform clerical duties of moderate complexity and difficulty in accordance with the office procedures of individual departments. May include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, vendor coordination, office machine operation and filing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Open, sort and route incoming mail & parcels, answer correspondence and prepare outgoing mail & courier shipments.
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries/dispatches.
- Answer switchboard, direct calls and take messages.
- Act as first point of contact for all departments for any questions, queries and ad-hoc requests.
- Provide routine and ad hoc administrative assistance as required.
- Locker key management
- Support invoice management by forwarding incoming invoices for approval and liaise with Facilities Management and AP in case of vendor requests.
Events & Catering
- Coordinate meeting room bookings.
- Order catering for internal and external meetings.
- Prepare room set up, drinks, hot beverages and catering as well as keeping meetings rooms clean and tidy on the day.
- Maintaining the day to day running of the office.
- Take inventory, order supplies and distribute all consumables and disposables.
- Keep office, kitchen and reception area clean and tidy at all times.
- Office equipment fault reporting and resolving.
- Supporting Facilities Management locally as point of contact for all scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance visits, manage calendars and arrange appointments.
- May perform technical duties such as working with multi-media software, setting up Audio Visual equipment, initiating video conferences, or operating phones or the Internet.
- Ensuring good working relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- To support Facilities Management locally with H&S requirements and managing safety and welfare of staff.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests, special projects or duties as may be required from time to time.
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
G&A - Facilities
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.