Sales - Operations
We're seeking a talented Salesforce administrator to join our team responsible for deploying, maintaining and operating our CRM systems. You will collaborate with the Sales Operations systems team of BSA’s and system architect focusing on Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, appexchange apps and platform services like CPQ Steelbrick. You will serve as the go to for escalations, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more.
Manage and Own Changes to the System –
- Ensure the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS) through operational excellence
- Guide and promote timely team responses to all incidents
- Be an escalation point for all production issues
- Design and implement standard operating procedures, and continuous improvements through automation
- Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes.
- Manage and solution requirements on issues coming in from different teams across the organization.
- Manage the change management and control process.
- Support and manage system applications in sandbox and production environments.
- Install, configure, and upgrade applications and application infrastructure
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce environment
- Manage new releases of SFDC and efficiently roll out new features.
- Manage be part of any on-going customizations of Salesforce instance.
Maintain System, Security and Integrity –
- Maintain security including adding or revising sharing rules and security levels.
- Design, create and maintain user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance –
- Document company processes and workflows.
- Create, Develop and manage process documentation and field maps.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance –
- Monitor neglected Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, and Contacts as appropriate.
- Manage dataloader related activities as needed
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Ensure data integrity on all primary objects
- Constant attention to manage unnecessary fields and data; manage layouts
Product and Pricing management –
- Manage new and existing product setups
- Manage pricing updates
- Setup any additional CPQ related configurations and rules
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction –
- Provide one to one training to end users as needed.
- Expand use of Salesforce.com – Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality, and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Communicate regularly with Salesforce team regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Continually seek ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
A system administrator needs a good understanding salesforce skills and understand the general concepts of Sales and Marketing Clouds, Analytics Cloud and Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick).
- 5 years of Salesforce administration experience
- Salesforce Administration Certification (ADM 201) required (ADM 211 preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC with thorough understanding of Salesforce.com security model including sharing, profiles, and roles supporting large population of users, both internal and external
- Thorough understanding and experience in setting up and managing customizations through Connected Apps, Custom Objects, Workflows, Domains, Sites, Metadata migrations
- Experience in implementing data migrations and data maintenance through ETL and Data Loader tools
- Exposure to Apex, Visualforce, and the salesforce.com APIs desirable, but not required
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sales - Operations
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.