Industry Solutions, Director
The Director of Industry IoT looks for signals both inside and outside Hortonworks that could indicate threats to continued success or opportunities to grow the business and increase Hortonworks market share in the Industry IoT market opportunity. This individual makes projections based on current trends and future expectations working with Hortonworks leadership and other members of the Industry Solutions Group to set the Industry IoT Solutions plans and goals for the company. Working with the members of the industry solutions team, the Director of Industry IoT continuously monitors Hortonworks market performance in their relevant IoT market to determine if strategies and solutions need to be adjusted or new strategies/solutions should be introduced.
- Proactively works with Hortonworks’ sales and marketing to position company as a leader in the Industry IoT.
- Collectively works with other Sr. Directors/Directors of Industry solutions on the impact of the IoT market opportunity on the Hortonworks focused-industries including impact on marketsizing, addressable market opportunity, win/loss analysis, customer requirements, competitive positioning, and more.
- Ensures appropriate solution expertise support is provided and leveraged during the sales and solution implementation cycle.
- Develop successful thought-leadership and solution strategies working closely with Sales and Industry Solutions management to achieve maximum profitability in the assigned segment, while maximizing revenue growth of all company products and services.
- Proactively working with customers, Hortonworks' sales & solution management, Partners, VARs, and prospects to identify new solutions and industry specific product requirements to generate revenue.
- Identify IoT consortiums which are an imperative for Hortonworks to participate.
- Work with Product Engineering on incorporating appropriate industry IoT standards or support thereof into the Hortonworks product platform
- Work with various Partners to develop Marketing and Sales strategies to penetrate customers.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Work with industry and corporate marketing to position Hortonworks in the relevant industry
- Provide strategic sales cycle support
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with customers implementing and running IoT use cases, delivering reference materials for public consumption
- Drive market-share by effectively creating positive public perception of our Industry IoT/x.0 solutions
- Drive channel development initiatives
- Create effective value propositions and publish return of investment
- Support the interaction between sales force and key industry segment customers to ensure effective, ongoing product and solution communication
- Proactively communicates new solution developments to the field; position the Hortonworks solution for the segment to the field organization
- Provide account planning and sales support as required
- Present at industry conferences and events, demonstrating the Hortonworks Solution and value-added benefits
- Network with other professionals in respective industry to promote Hortonworks market positioning
- Create and manage relationships with solution specific partners
- Maintain high level of industry expertise by participating in industry events to keep current on important industry trends and evolution
- Establish relationships with industry analysts and press representatives
- Quarterly, or more, publishing of blogs or articles in relevant sites/press
- Active in social media to advance Hortonworks solutions
- Lead and establish customer industry user group sessions
- Be the face of Hortonworks within the Industry IoT
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Proven ability to establish Trusted Advisor relationships with C-Level Executives
- Aptitude for data & analytics technology and ability to connect technical concepts to business value
- Ability to navigate highly matrixed environment
- Excellent Communicator / Accomplished Public Speaker (ability to connect with C-Level Executive decision makers)
- Demonstrated ability to establish a winning go to market (GTM) strategy
- A minimum of 8 years of overall experience in IoT/ Manufacturing / Telematics / Industrial IoT Industry Leader (having worked in the Manufacturing / Industrial Industry)
- Strong Manufacturing / Telematics Business Network (have strong business & technology connections in the in Manufacturing / Industrial / Telematics circles)
- Experience driving Demand Generation and pipeline growth campaigns in a complex sales environment
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Industry Solutions, Director
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.