Sr. Engagement Manager II
Sr. Engagement Manager
Hortonworks is seeking an accomplished Delivery Engagement Manager to join its Professional Services team. You will be responsible for managing consulting delivery for one or more region(s) across our customer base. Key to this role will be managing our consultants and ensure delivery excellence for customer success. In addition to delivery management you will also partner with the sales and pre-sales organization to identify opportunities and support services sales.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with organizations and customers to develop massively scalable solutions to solve complex data problems using Hadoop, Spark, NiFi and related Big Data technology. Reporting to the Regional Delivery Manager for Asia & Middle East, your accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Work with management and sales teams to support Professional Services opportunities and delivery
- Own the delivery of Hortonworks customer projects and engagements
- Lead and mentor consultants in their project execution and ensure successful completion
- Identify and orchestrate project activities of teams from cross-functional customer, Hortonworks, and partner stakeholders
- Manage projects to schedule, budget, and contracted deliverables (including planning, scheduling, milestone reviews, etc.)
- Drive project kick-off processes so the right resources are available to the customer at the right time.
- Drive project lessons learned for management and customers
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., resource management, change controls, time tracking)
- Prepare customer proposals, statement of work, change requests, RFI and RFPs in positioning our value proposition and delivery capability
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Hortonworks solutions
« Back to current openings
- At least 8+ years experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with a “Big Data” consulting or ''Big 5'' consulting organization
- At least 5+ years experience in a professional services leadership role (managing consultant or sr. manager and above)
- Consulting background, with proven experience to design, implement and deliver enterprise software solutions
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Prior experience managing database, data warehouse, “big data” implementation and / or architecture projects
- Ability to mentor team members and project managers.
- Ability to interact and communicate with Director- and/or CxO level personnel
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% percent of the time, including international travel
- S./B.A. degree (technical preferred)
- Project Management certification preferred
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Engagement Manager II
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.