Sr. BI Analyst (Domo)
Sales - Operations
Santa Clara, CA - HQ
Title: Sr. BI Analyst (Internal Title: Sr. Sales Operations Analyst II)
Location: Santa Clara, CA.
As the Senior Sales Operations Analyst II, you will own all aspects of the data-layer of our BI platform, Domo. This role is a critical component of our Domo BI Center of Excellence (COE), supporting all lines of business (Sales, Marketing, Support, Finance, Engineering, etc.) . You will be a thought leader for enterprise analytics and data management, a Subject Matter Expert on all things data, integrations and Domo, and a mentor for our department-embedded reporting teams. This is a leadership role with hands-on delivery responsibilities, with equal parts strategic thinking, policy setting, support, education, platform administration, portfolio management, and project delivery. You will have the opportunity to work with all levels of the Hortonworks organization, and collaborate on the design and delivery of our next-generation analytics capabilities.
- Partner with business stakeholders across Hortonworks, to understand business systems, processes and data required to support our enterprise analytics needs
- Design, implement and manage the core data infrastructure, including consultation on source datasets, external manual datasets, and direct oversight of datasets in our enterprise reporting platform
- Ensure “clean” data is available to support our reporting needs by running profiling, scrubbing and standardization and harmonization processes on BI datasets and integrations
- Advise on the company’s strategic vision for data and integrations
- Lead the design and delivery of our enterprise data strategy, supporting operational and advanced analytical reporting
- Define, socialize, monitor and enforce policies to govern the creation and administration of enterprise data
- Apply and evangelize reporting and data architecture best practices across the enterprise
- Build, monitor and maintain all ETL and data integrations with the Domo reporting platform
- Define and enforce proper change management and testing processes, including rollback plans for any data or integration change
- Ensure timely refresh of data to support all analytics requirements, taking into consideration the business use cases, technology constraints, and API or governor constraints of source systems
- Manage and monitor all Domo data flows to ensure adherence to design standards and best practices, timely updates and consistent processing
- Review, build and govern all “Beast Mode” calculations used in card development, ensuring accurate formulas, adherence to best practices, consistent data definitions, and appropriate application in reports
- Work with business stakeholders to identify new opportunities to improve our data ecosystem (tuning, cleaning, simplification, consolidation, expansion, etc.)
- Manage the data request backlog, including integration of new systems and data sets, automation of processes, ETL and data flow tuning, creation of new data flows, and updates to existing data feeds and data flows
- Mentor and support the extended, department-embedded Domo reporting teams
- 3+ years of experience with Domo preferred
- 7+ years of experience working with and managing a reporting & analytics platform, with hands-on experience managing the data-layer
- Experience with the end-to-end process for data pipelines and analytics
- Experience building and scaling data warehouse systems and supporting infrastructure
- Experience working with and developing API endpoints
- Experience with Master Data Management (MDM) solutions and best practices
- Strong SQL skills
- Highly analytical mind, with experience solving complex data problems
- EDW and database administration skills, including data administration (transformations, joins, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Redshift
- Hands-on experience managing an enhancement/project roadmap, including requirements intake, prioritization, planning, resourcing and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical people
- Experience presenting to and managing expectations with VPs and executive stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to self-direct and self-manage
- Experience working with and integrating data from sales, support, marketing and finance systems such as Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Salesforce CPQ, Service Cloud), Marketo, OpenAir, Netsuite, Xactly, JIRA, Google Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics and Data Science
- BS or BA in a Computer Science, Engineering, Math and/or Scientific discipline.
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. BI Analyst (Domo)
Sales - Operations
Santa Clara, CA - HQ
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.