Sr. Consultant – Public Sector
Hortonworks is seeking experienced Sr. Consultants to join our growing Public Sector Professional Services team. This key role has two major responsibilities: first to work directly with our customers and partners to optimize their plans and objectives for designing and deploying Apache Hadoop environments, and, secondly, to assist in building or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence our product.
Sr. Consultants will facilitate the communication flow between Hortonworks teams and the customer. For these strategically important roles, we are seeking outstanding talent to join our team.
- Work directly with prospective customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Represent Hortonworks Public Professional Services while on site with clients by demonstrating subject matter expertise in the fields of big data and data modernization.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, make recommendations, and implement Hortonworks solutions to optimize performance
- Work closely with Hortonworks’ teams at all levels to ensure rapid response to customer questions and project blockers
- Help develop reference Hadoop architectures and configurations
- Drive delivery projects with customers to ensure successful adoption of Hortonworks technologies
- Travel up to 75%
- US Citizenship is required.
- More than three years of Professional Services (customer facing) experience architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions
- Experience designing and deploying production large-scale Hadoop solutions
- Experience installing and administering multi-node Hadoop clusters
- Experience designing queries against data in a Hadoop environment using tools such as Apache Hive, Apache Druid, Apache Phoenix or others.
- Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environment
- Strong understanding of various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos
- Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
- Strong understanding of the Java development, debugging & profiling
- Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP
- Solid background in Database administration or design
- Familiarity with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python and/or Perl
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Nice, but not required experience:
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred. Ideal candidates, if not already cleared, should be willing to undergo evaluation for a US Government clearance.
- Ability to understand big data use-cases,and recommend standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments.
- Knowledge of the data management eco-system including: Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms & deployment automation
- DC / MD / VA Residence is Preferred
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. <span<stronghttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Consultant – Public Sector
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.