Sr. Consultant – Canada
Salary: $82,000 – $137,000 CAD
Location of work: Toronto, ON
Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, HSA, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
Terms of employment: Permanent, full time
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Hortonworks is seeking an experienced Sr. Consultant to join our team in Canada. This key role has two major responsibilities: first to work directly with our customers and partners to optimize their plans and objectives for architecting, designing and deploying Apache Hadoop environments, and, secondly, to assist in building or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence our product.
The Sr. Consultant will facilitate the communication flow between Hortonworks teams and the customer. For these strategically important roles, we are seeking outstanding talent to join our team.
- Work directly with customer’s technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Able to document and present complex architectures for the customers technical teams
- Work closely with Hortonworks’ teams at all levels to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
- Help design and implement Hadoop architectures and configurations for customer
- Drive projects with customers to successful completion
- Write and produce technical documentation, knowledgebase articles
- Participate in the pre-and post- sales process, helping both the sales and product teams to interpret customers’ requirements
- Keep current with the Hadoop Big Data ecosystem technologies
- Attend speaking engagements when needed
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
- Conduct business and technical studies
- Design, develop, integrate, test and implement information systems business solutions
- Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy management, security and service delivery.
- Travel may be required
- More than 3-5 years of Professional Services (customer facing) experience architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions
- 2+ years designing and deploying 3 tier architectures or large-scale Hadoop solutions
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Experience implementing data transformation and processing solutions using Apache PIG, designing data queries against data in the HDFS environment using tools such as Apache Hive, implementing MapReduce jobs and setting up multi-node Hadoop clusters
- Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environment, Strong understanding with various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos, and understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
- Familiarity with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python and/or Perl
- Strong understanding of the Java ecosystem and enterprise offerings, including debugging and profiling tools (jconsole), logging and monitoring tools (log4j, JMX), and security offerings (Kerberos/SPNEGO).
- Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP
- Solid background in Database administration or design – Oracle RAC a plus Excellent verbal and written communications Experience in architecting data center solutions – properly selecting server and storage hardware based on performance, availability and ROI requirements
- Demonstrable experience using R and the algorithms provided by Mahout
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is considered an asset
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. <span<stronghttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Consultant – Canada
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.