Sr. Software Engineer, Breakfix
Primary Customer Responsibilities
- Sustaining critical components in HDP.
- Analyze complex customer reported issues that require strong analytical and technical skills
- Debug system level deployment issues, root cause analysis, and resolve failures
- Fast-track escalations, identify trends, and develop action plans to mitigate/avoid issues.
- Root cause analysis reports on any Severity 1 incidents including recommendations to improve proactive management of Hadoop deployments
- Resolve issues that may require producing enterprise-ready patches or hotfixes
- Troubleshoot performance, scalability bottlenecks and suggest solutions
- Work with support/QA/Engineering teams through the entire lifecycle of product/patch releases
- Assist in developing support tools for business integration and for monitoring purpose
- Performance testing, stress testing, and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- Trusted point of contact for technical customer feedback to product management, engineering and sales.
- Regular briefings on Hortonworks Data Platform releases and roadmap.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passionate about troubleshooting and resolving complex issues with faster turnaround times
- 3+ years of Java/J2EE development and/or sustaining experience with good understanding of distributed & large scale systems
- Strong technical understanding and working knowledge of Kerberos, cross-realm authentication and Kerberized services.
- Security expertise including SSL,TLS, PKI Infrastructure, TCP/IP, LDAP and Active Directory.
- Experience analyzing the security vulnerability issues, assess the impact and plan the mitigation steps.
- Ability to quickly develop prototypes and iterate based on feedback.
- Development experience in Linux environments
- Solid understanding and deep technical knowledge of Hadoop components across the stack
- Strong knowledge of state of the art quality engineering and test automation tools and processes, including JUnit, Jenkins, Selenium, Mockito and Git, or comparable technologies
- Eagerness to learn and apply new client-side technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Software Engineer, Breakfix
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.