Field Marketing Manager SEMEA
Field Marketing Manager, SEMEA
Location: Paris, France
Hortonworks is seeking an experienced Field Marketing Manager to join our international marketing team in Paris. In this role, you will drive the marketing strategy and execution in the SEMEA region (primarily France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, & Israel) to create demand and awareness for Hortonworks. Working closely with the regional sales teams, you will create and execute targeted marketing campaigns that nurture leads through the sales funnel.
Proven experience in various marketing techniques including online & traditional demand generation marketing is required. As a fast growing company, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of the company and see results from your efforts. Attention to detail is crucial as well as the ability to manage and own projects from conception through follow-up.
- Planning, tracking, & management of external events, for example: technical meet-ups, seminars, executive dinners, account-based activities, and 3rd party events.
- Be a major part of planning and executing our annual DataWorks Summit.
- Pitch our products & services at client-facing events.
- Liaise with vendors, contractors, agencies, couriers, and third-party event organizers to ensure timely completion of event deliverables.
- Work directly with sales to ensure lead follow-up and conversion.
- Ability to track invoices and manage the regional budget.
- Clean lists for import to Marketo.
- Create Marketo campaigns and emails.
- Create & monitor dashboards in Salesforce, Marketo, BrightFunnel, GoodData, and Engagio to track, measure, and evaluate program effectiveness/ROI.
- Post events to our website and internal calendars.
- Localization & translation of campaigns.
- Working with social media teams to promote our presence at events.
- Inventory tracking & reorders of collateral and giveaways.
- Arranging all marketing shipping needs to/from venues, and between offices.
- Search & securing of venues.
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Position may occasionally require working or travelling outside of hours (including some weekends) for event setup/prep.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ year experience in a similar role.
- 2+ years event planning/management experience, both owned and third-party.
- 1+ year experience working with Marketo, specifically campaign creation, list uploads, and email creation.
- 1+ year experience working with Salesforce.
- Fluent in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, Asana, and Google Drive suite.
- Meticulous tracking & organization skills.
- Perfect English writing & typing skills.
- Fluent in French.
- Knowledge of open source technologies and business models, Hadoop in particular.
- Pre-existing connections with SEMEA event planning vendors, especially for: catering, venues, office spaces, couriers, suppliers, giveaways, printing, etc.
- Experience with account-based marketing techniques.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Familiarity with Allocadia, Attend, and/or BrightFunnel.
- Familiarity with GoodData & Engagio.
- Fluent in Spanish or Italian.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Field Marketing Manager SEMEA
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.