Principal Program Manager
R&D - Operations
Site Reliability Engineering Program Manager
The Site Reliability Engineering Program Manager is responsible for coordinating both internally and externally facing engagements and projects. This role contains aspects of customer relationship management – facilitating positive interactions between key stakeholders between Hortonworks and our customers.
The scope for program management part of this job includes:
- Interface with multiple teams to drive scope definition and lock scope for delivery of internal and external requirements
- Coordinate resources across multiple teams for completion of product development milestones
- Coordinate development scoping, development sprints, validation and release of internal infrastructure software
- Regular status reporting to give visibility on non-green tasks, risks and mitigation.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to deliver releases on time/budget consistently
The scope for customer relationship management part of this job includes:
- Collaborate with customers to onboard, drive operational changes and other activities
- Identify and integrate processes between Hortonworks and customers in areas of compliance and change management
- Program manage multiple projects across Hortonworks and customer business teams to drive operational success, identify dependencies/risks and manage the same.
- An ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Hadoop and demonstrated ability to manage projects in a substantially complex portfolio
- This is a hands-on customer management position in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate should have led results-oriented larger programs.
- In addition, the candidate will be required to detect problems in the execution of the project plans and develop contingency alternatives.
- Candidate must have clear and effective communication (both internal and external communication) skills and be able to interface effectively with engineers/managers, execs and customers.
- Experience in large-scale computing infrastructure and operations an asset
- Working knowledge of JIRA an asset
- BA in Business or Computer Science or related
- 5+ years Project Management in a large-scale computing environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Recognize and solve problems quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective dealings with various levels and departments within the organization
- Attention to detail, with the ability to quickly assess and provide solutions to problems.
- Strong multi-tasking capability with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Go-getter with razor sharp focus on execution
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. <span<stronghttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Principal Program Manager
R&D - Operations
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.