Sr. Product Specialist
- Perform the role of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in two or more components of the HDP/HDF Stack.
- Work on complex issues along with the Front Line Support Engineers to help troubleshoot and resolve complex customer reported issues.
- Perform the role of a technical bridge between Front Line Team and Break Fix/Engineering.
- Write detailed runbooks and knowledge base articles for the components in the area of expertise.
- Own the automation requirements for the components in the area of expertise.
- Proactively engage on customer reported issues bring down case resolution times.
- Root cause analysis reports on any Severity 1 incidents including recommendations to improve proactive management of Hadoop deployments
- Troubleshoot performance, scalability bottlenecks and suggest solutions
- Lead and run weekly WAR rooms to discuss critical issues that need assistance.
- Design and build advanced lab exercises for the components in the area of expertise.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6-8 years of enterprise software support experience
- 2-3 years of full time Hadoop related work.
- Solid understanding and deep technical knowledge of Hadoop components across the stack, especially around HDFS and YARN.
- Passionate about troubleshooting and resolving complex issues with faster turnaround times.
- Very good Linux and Java Troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge on networking concepts.
- Expertise in an scripting (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
« Back to current openings
Application for employment at Hortonworks
Sr. Product Specialist
Thank you for considering a career at Hortonworks. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information about how to check the status of your application.