It has been a while since our last meetup (Jan 2016). However, the wait is over, and the next Bay Area edition of the Hive User Group Meetup is scheduled on Aug 24th at 6:30pm. The format will be a series of short talks followed by un-conference style sessions and networking.
Many thanks to Hortonworks for hosting the event!
6:30 pm – Doors open
6:30 pm – 7:00pm: Networking and refreshments
7:00 pm – 9pm: Talks (15 minutes each)
1. Hive on Spark, production experience @Uber (Xuefu Zhang)
2. Reair and its usage for Uber’s multi data center replication (Zheng Shao)
3. ACID, use cases in data management (Carter Shanklin)
4. Optimized Hive replication (Anishek Agarwal)
5. LLAP: Locality is dead (in the cloud) (Gopal Vijayaraghavan)
6. Don’t reengineer, reimagine: Hive buzzing with Druid’s magic potion (Slim Bouguerra)