Hortonworks partners have solutions with Hortonworks Data Platform that enable customers in specific industries that reduce costs and risks, improve efficiency, generate new revenue and comply with regulations. The Industry Certified program recognizes Partner solutions and expertise in those industries.
Hortonworks overriding goal is to focus on the delivery of enterprise grade Hadoop as a reliable platform that will enable our customers’ transition to the next generation data platform. To this end, we view partners as a crucial enabler to educating and enabling customers about the diverse ways in which the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) can help them achieve their business objectives.
The goals of the Hortonworks Industry Certified Program are to recognize partners that have specific industry solutions developed to work with HDP and to support the development and marketing of these industry solutions by our partners.
Specifically this entails the following for our customers:
- Creation of deliverables that address repeatable industry specific use cases designed to provide demonstrable value, rapid deployment and lower total cost of ownership
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through industry certifications which underpin quality application, advisory consulting and system integration delivery services related to HDP
- Development of a catalog of industry solutions, curated by Hortonworks which demonstrates the breadth of impact HDP-based solutions can have for clients across a range of core business process in a range of named industries
The Industry Certified program will certify partners with a solution, expertise or methodology with HDP in these vertical industries: Insurance, Health care, Manufacturing, Telecom, Retail, Financial, Government and Oil & Gas.
The types of solutions that may be awarded Industry Certification are:
- Advisory consulting services that assist clients within a specific industry to help clients understand the business value of a particular HDP industry use case
- Software IP developed by an Independent Software Vendor (ISV), Independent Hardware Vendor (IHV), System Integrator (SI) or Consultant that integrates with or leverages HDP to enable an industry use case
- Patterns and practices of HDP deployment that would be employed by a System Integrator (SI) to enable an industry use case
- Recognition by customers and Hortonworks sales and technical field teams of your industry expertise
- Joint development of marketing collaterals
- Publish of the solution specific solution overview on Hortonworks partner microsite
- Participate on Hortonworks blog describing the customer use case
- Use of Hortonworks Industry Solution badges
- Opportunity to develop a joint whitepaper with Hortonworks on the vertical solution
- Webinar opportunity to showcase an industry vertical win with Hortonworks
In order to submit your solution for Industry Certification:
- Company must be a Hortonworks partner in good standing and belong to Hortonworks Partnerworks program: ISV/IHV, Consultant program, or Reseller program
- ISV/IHV or ISPs: Achieve HDP certification for their software or hardware that will be used in the Industry Certified solution
- Consultants / System Integrator Partners: Achieve at least three (3) developer or administrator certifications
- Provide two reference customers with the solution
- Provide subject matter experts to support joint opportunities and technical support personnel to deploy the solution
The following need to be completed within 6 months of earning the Industry Certified badge:
- Work with Hortonworks marketing to complete the joint industry specific solution collateral
- Submit a guest blog to Hortonworks to highlight an industry customer win with HDP
- Post the collateral to your website
- Post the Hortonworks Industry Certified Badges to your website
Apply for Industry Certification
The program certification is accomplished through a submission of a complete application, review and interview process by Hortonworks Industry team for each solution. Each solution must have at least two customer references that prove out the solution. Industry Certified solutions need to be fully supported by the partner company.
Partners can apply now for Industry Certification using this form.