The Hortonworks Certified Associate (HCA) certification provides for individuals an entry point and validates the fundamental skills required to progress to the higher levels of the Hortonworks certification program. An HCA understands the technologies and can recognize business use cases for the many frameworks in the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP). Passing the HCA exam opens the door to a career in open data platforms and modern data applications. A Hortonworks Certified Associate is immediately eligible to attempt any of the exams at the Hortonworks Certified Professional level.
The HCA certification is a multiple-choice exam that consists of 40 questions with a passing score of 75%. The exam is based on the Hortonworks Data Platform 2.4 and consists of questions from the following five categories:
- Data Access: which includes Pig, Hive, HCatalog, Tez, Storm, HBase, Spark and Solr.
- Data Management: which includes HDFS and YARN.
- Data Governance and Workflow: which includes Falcon, Atlas, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka and Hortonworks DataFlow.
- Operations: which includes Ambari, CloudBreak, ZooKeeper and Oozie.
- Security: which includes Ranger and Knox.
To be fully prepared for the HCA exam, candidates should be able to complete all of the exam objectives.