Ready to Get Started?Download Sandbox
Hortonworks 100% open model extends to our commitment with ODPi, an Open Data Platform initiative. We are proud to be part of ODPi because it operates under an open governance model and helps rally a community to drive innovation around shared goals.
ODPi is a nonprofit organization committed to simplification & standardization of the big data ecosystem with a common reference platform called ODPi Core.
ODPi brings industry leaders together to accelerate the adoption of ApacheTM Hadoop® and related Big Data technologies and make it easier to rapidly develop applications. ODPi members represent a diverse group of Big Data solution providers and end users.
- Ability to run any “ODPi-compatible” big data software on any “ODPi-compliant” platform and have it work
For ISV / Apps Developers / System Integrators:
- Compatibility guidelines that allow them to “test once, run everywhere”
- Eliminate the burden and cost of certification and testing across multiple Hadoop distributions
- Predictable release cadence and reduced maintenance and support costs
For Hadoop platform providers:
- Compliance guidelines that enable ODPi-compatible software to run successfully on their solutions
- The guidelines allow providers to patch their customers in an expeditious manner to deal with emergencies
ODPi unveiled the first release of the ODPi Runtime Specification and test suite as part of its objective to ensure applications will work across multiple Apache Hadoop® distributions.
By providing a common runtime, reference implementations and test suites, ODPi Core removes cost and complexity and accelerates the development of Big Data solutions.
Try Open Data Platform Initiative Sandbox
Learn More About Open Data Platform Initiative