Buzz Growing for Hadoop Summit Europe
We are now less than a month away from the kickoff of Hadoop Summit Europe, taking place March 20-21 in Amsterdam. The excitement from the community is really starting to grow and pass sales are far ahead of where we expected. Much of the buzz is tied directly to the content that will be presented during the conference.
In all, there were be 42 breakout sessions with presenters from more than 20 companies, including representatives from Adobe, eBay, Facebook, HSBC, LinkedIn, Twitter and Yahoo!. We have started to feature interviews with some of the most compelling speakers on the Hadoop Summit website. Those posted thus far include:
- Clemens Neudecker of the National Library of the Netherlands and Sven Schlarb of the Austrian National Library (interview)
- Alasdair Anderson of HSBC (interview)
- Mikhail Petrenko of Adobe (interview)
- Jason Dai of Intel (interview)
- Steve Watt of Red Hat (interview)
- Joydeep Sen Sarma of Qubole (interview)
The breakout sessions are broken down into four tracks, each aimed at providing valuable and educational content to meet the varied needs of the attendees. We recently featured interviews with each of the track chairs in order to provide some insight into the track sessions and the expected takeaways from each. The interviews are available on the Hadoop Summit website and also linked to below:
- Evert Lammerts, Track Chair, Operating Hadoop (interview)
- Isabel Drost, Track Chair, Applied Hadoop (interview)
- Lars George, Track Chair, Integrating Hadoop (interview)
- Steve Loughran, Track Chair, Hadoop Futures (interview)
We also recently announced the initial set of speakers for the Lightning Round, which will take place during the first evening of the conference. Speakers will have 5 minutes to cover the topics that the community voted as the ones they wanted to learn about during Hadoop Summit.
The list of the initial 8 Lightning Round sessions is available here.
You definitely don’t want to miss this powerful and exciting lineup of speakers, so REGISTER for Hadoop Summit Europe today!!