UPDATED 6/12: To include the Falcon meetup.
UPDATED: To include the Oozie meetup.
The main Hadoop Summit agenda is looking awesome – go take a look here, and register here – but there’s also a series of meetups planned for the day before the general sessions. If you want to get up close and personal on topics of interest to you with other like-minded folk then take a look at these options. We’ll be providing refreshments along the way.
You should go ahead and register at the links below, note that space will be limited and remember all meet ups are in San Jose!
Morning Sessions: 25th June, 10:00am – 12:30pm at San Jose Convention Center
- Pig, hosted by Alan Gates, http://www.meetup.com/PigUser/events/118434872/
- YARN, hosted by Arun Murthy, http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-Contributors/events/119154992/
- Accumulo, hosted by Billie Rinaldi, http://www.meetup.com/Accumulo-Users-DC/events/118370172/
- Industry Use Cases, hosted by Tom McCuch, http://www.meetup.com/HSquared-Hadoop-Hortonworks-User-Group/events/118605132/
- Oozie, hosted by Apache Oozie team, http://www.meetup.com/Oozie-Contributors/events/119569602/ (NOTE: Oozie start time is 11am)
Afternoon Sessions: 25th June, 1:30pm – 4:00pm at San Jose Convention Center
- Hive, hosted by Gunther Hagleitner, http://www.meetup.com/Hive-User-Group-Meeting/events/119155262/
- HBase, hosted by Sergey Shelukin, http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/events/119154442/
- Ambari, hosted by Mahadev Konar, http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Ambari-User-Group/events/119184782/
- Big Data Science, hosted by Casey Stella, http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Science/events/118788642/
- Falcon, hosted by Srikanth Sundarrajan and Venkatesh Seetharam, http://falcon.splashthat.com/
Additionally, there are two camps in the evening:
All this Hadoop-y goodness should get you nicely in the mood for the next two days of general and track sessions. See you there!