Where are Hortonworkers? Events and Meetups 8th April to 22nd April
Hortonworkers are out there – here is a rundown of events and meet ups we’ll be at in the next couple of weeks and we hope we’ll see you there. Did we miss any? Want us to attend your event? Let us know!
Big Data Innovation Summit
April 10-11, 2013, San Francisco, CA
Spring into April and jump into Big Data! Be sure to meet us at Big Data Innovation Summit by the bay. We’re excited to have Alan Gates, co-founder of Hortonworks, presents on a couple of really exciting talks and we hope you can join us.
- April 11 @9:30am: Coordinating the Many Tools of Big Data in Hadoop
- April 11 @ 12:30pm: Hadoop Now, Next and Beyond
- April 11 @ 2:00pm: Roundtable Session: Use Case Patterns: Horizontal or Vertical
As a global sponsor, we’ll also be exhibiting. Look for us in the exhibit area and meet members of the Hortonworks team, who will be happy to discuss any questions you have on Hadoop and Hortonworks.
PASS Business Analytics Conference
April 10-12, 2013, Chicago, IL
http://www.passbaconference.com – booth S5
We’re excited to participate in the first PASS BA or Business Analytics community driven event. We will be speaking at three sessions: “Why Apache Hadoop for Data Science”, “The Future of Apache Hive and Hadoop 2.0”, and “Big Data: Threat or Opportunity?”
- Thursday April 11, 7 – 7:45 am (Breakfast Session), Why Apache Hadoop for Data Science?, Ofer Mendelevitch, Director of Data Sciences at Hortonworks
- Thursday April 11, 5:15 – 6:15pm, The Future of Apache Hive and Hadoop 2.0: Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Carter Shanklin, Director of Product Management
- Friday April 12, 10 – 11am, Big Data: Threat or Opportunity? [BDII-103], Shaun Connolly, VP Corporate Strategy
Teradata Universe Copenhagen 2013
April 14-17, 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark
We’re delighted to be a Platinum sponsor at Teradata Universe. The conference gathers experts from internationally recognized companies and presenters from Teradata’s customer community to deliver insights on new trends driving the industry on how Big Data Analytics are used to drive business value.
Chris Harris, Solutions Engineer at Hortonworks, will be speaking at the Solution Showcase on “Big Data: Making Sense of it all!” on Monday April 15 at 12:40 and Tuesday April 16 at 11:20.
More on the Hortonworks / Teradata partnership can be found at www.hortonworks.com/teradata
April 14-18 2013, San Francisco
Hortonworks VP Products, Bob Page, will be speaking at two sessions at this analytics event.
- Tuesday, April 16 – 4:20pm. Keynote Panel: Big Data for Marketing in Real Life
- Thursday, April 18, 9-4pm eMetrics Executive Roundtable (invitation only)
April 15-18, 2013, Portland, Oregon
We’re heading to our very first OpenStack Summit to talk about all things Apache Hadoop on OpenStack and we would love to meet you! A cloud deployment model makes perfect sense for Hadoop, which (a) allows for efficient infrastructure usage and (b) is a net new workload for most organizations (awesome…far fewer legacy considerations). So Hadoop + OpenStack seems like a logical fit. If your organization is interested in combining these two mega technology trends, it would be great to connect with our team who can share what others are doing!
There are many ways to meet the Hortonworks team!
We’ll be speaking:
- Monday, April 15, 2013 @ 1:50pm, Panel discussion: Enterprise Vendors in the Openstack Ecosystem
- Tuesday, April 16, 2013 @ 11am, Apache Hadoop on OpenStack
- Tuesday, April 16, 2013 @5pm in the exhibit hall
And we’re exhibiting! Come by our Hortonworks booth, say hello, geek out to Hadoop and Big Data and pick up an awesome swag while you’re at it!
Charlotte Hadoop Users Group, 11th April 2013
Terry Padgett will present on the Stinger Initiative, Tez and Knox
Bay Area HUG, 17th April 2013
Owen O’Malley will present on the Stinger Initiative
Chicago HUG, 22nd April 2013
George Vetticaden will present on the Stinger Initiative, Tez and Knox.